Comprehensive Resource Guide for Elders and their Families in Cass and Clay County
Hard copies of the resource guide are available through Memory Cafe of the Red River Valley.
Southeast Human Service Center (SEHSC)
Phone – 701-298-4500 or 1-855-462-5465.
24-hour Crisis Line – 701-298-4500.
Suicide Prevention: 1-800-TALK (8255)
Aging and Disability Resource
An online database of services and providers in North Dakota.
Family Caregiver Support Program
Provides free respite care for limited number of hours/week.
Additional Aging Services from SEHSC (some available on sliding fee scale or free) include:
- Home and community-based long-term care services paid for by Medicaid, Service Payments for the Elderly and Disabled (SPED), and the Expanded-SPED programs
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman program
- Older Americans Act services: assistive devices, senior meals, health screenings, elder legal assistance, options counseling, and Senior Companion program
- Senior Community Services Employment Program
- Telecommunications equipment distribution program
- Vulnerable Adult Protective Services
- Dementia care
Minnesota’s Senior LinkAge Line
A One Stop Shop for Minnesota Seniors
Social, education, recreation program for MN seniors over the age of 55 years old. Noon meal.
Valley Senior Services (North Dakota)
Resource specialists, community dining program, Meals-On-Wheels, Nutrition program, transportations services.
Dementia Care Services Program – Alzheimer’s Association
Care consultation for individuals and families, education, MedicAlert+Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return, support groups.
Lutheran Social Services (Moorhead, Minnesota)
Caregiver Classes and Morning Out Respite Program
North Dakota Association for the Disabled (NDAD) –
Direct Financial Assistance program for wide variety of uses including prescriptions, medical equipment, out-of-town medical travel expenses, home and vehicle accessibility, personal attendant care expenses, in-town accessible transportation fees, adaptive recreational activities; Healthcare equipment loan program; financial loan program for assistive devises; information and referral services; advocacy; community fundraising projects.
Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing – Adult Outreach Services – (ND residents only). Program Coordinator – Pam Smith Phone – 701-665-4401; Website: http://www.nd.gov/ndsd/; Email: email@example.com
Medicaid/QSP Services – See Comprehensive Resource Guide (listed above)
Wide range of supportive services and aging resources.
Resources for Advance Care Planning
- Sanford Health 701-234-6980
- Essentia Health 888-993-4274
- HRRV Compass Program 701-356-1500